Rules for Poster Presentation
All posters will be displayed throughout the entire conference. This will allow more time for review and discussion prior to and upon conclusion of the two Research Poster Presentation Sessions.
- Poster Size – Poster boards are PORTRAIT/VERTICAL. MAXIMUM WIDTH: 96cm, MAXIMUM HEIGHT: 145cm. Please be respectful of these maximum dimensions.
- Presenters are encouraged to place their poster during the set up time listed above.
- Pushpins will be provided.
- Please include the following information on the top of your poster – abstract title, all authors and their affiliations.
- Do not include your Poster Board # on your poster.
- Research Poster presentation session for ODD # POSTERS will be held on Thursday, September 29, 2022 from 8:00pm – 9:30pm. Presenters are required to man their odd # poster during this session.
- Research Poster presentation session for EVEN # POSTERS will be held on Friday, September 30, 2022 from 12:30pm – 2:00pm. Presenters are required to man their even # poster during this session.
- Posters must be removed by Saturday, October 1st, by 6:00pm. Posters left on the boards will be discarded.
TEMPLATE for POSTERs
How to get your posters to Portugal:
There are several options on how to get your poster to the conference.
- Print you poster in your own country– roll it in a transportable tube and bring it on the airplane. Please check with your airline to see what dimensions are allowed on the plane.
- Print your poster at the Staples in Cascais and have it mailed to the hotel or pick it up at the store (about a 10 minute drive from the hotel). Please visit the staples website for more information. You can whatsapp or email your poster to the Cascais location. It costs about 50 euros to print. If you are planning on getting your poster mailed to the hotel you must put your name on it and HHT Scientific Conference. Please check with Staples to see how long this will take to deliver to the hotel– times my vary.
The hotel’s address is:
Av. Marginal 8554
2754-536 Cascais, Portugal.
Rules for Oral Presentation
- Presentations within oral sessions are to be eight (8) minutes in duration plus three (3) minutes for questions. Presentations including question and answers and transition will be a total of twelve minutes.
- Preferred format for presentations is PowerPoint Widescreen (16:9)
- Presenters should bring their presentation on a USB flash drive. A back up copy is recommended in case of luggage loss, etc.
- A PC computer will be available to load oral presentations. Please come to the registration table by 7:30am on the day of your presentation. Presentations may be loaded prior to this time, provided there is access to the PC computer. All presentations need to be in PowerPoint.
- The session room will be equipped with the following audio visuals – podium with microphone, LCD projector, screen, microphones in floor stands (for audience questions), and a laser pointer.
- If you are referencing work previously published by another author, please be sure to include a complete citation at the bottom of the appropriate slide.
- It is recommended, but not required, that the final slide of your presentation include a summary / take away points for the audience.