What is the dress code for attendees? Business Casual for the meeting and poster sessions; Cocktail Attire for the dinner on Saturday evening.
Do I need a Visa? Passport and visa requirements for entering Portugal are the same for all Schengen nations in the EU. For more information, CLICK HERE.
When and Where is the 14th HHT International Scientific Conference? September 29-October 2, 2022 with a Welcome Reception on the evening of Wednesday, September 28th, 2022
Hotel Cascais Miragem Health & Spa
Address: Av. Marginal 8554, 2754-536 Cascais, Portugal
Telephone: +351 21 006 0600
How do I reserve a hotel room at the discounted conference rate?
|Room Type||Single Room Rate*||Double Room Rate*|
|Standard room||€200,00/ room / night||€220,00/ room / night|
*The rates presented are per room, per night, including buffet breakfast at the restaurant, service and all applicable legal taxes (6% on accommodation). These taxes are subject to change, in accordance with Portuguese Legislation. The city tax whose payment will be settled upon check-out is not included in the room rate (subject to change without previous notice, according to Portuguese law).
*ALL reservations shall be made by the participants using the link provided by the Hotel in order to have access to the special negotiated rates. Reservations made by third parties or other channels won’t be credited towards to the contracted room block.
Phone – +351 210 060 600 or firstname.lastname@example.org and specify that you are attending the “2022 HHT Scientific Conference”
- All hotel guest rooms have a maximum occupancy of 2 people. In some cases, with a written special request, a room can be reserved with an extra single bed or baby crib. Special requests are not guaranteed.
- All hotel guest rooms are “standard” but with a written special request, a room can be reserved with twin beds, a balcony, ocean view, or suite. Special requests are not guaranteed.
- Arriving early or staying an extra couple of days? It is recommended that you reserve your hotel room online for the days of the conference and submit “+ Another Request” for the additional dates that you would like to stay at the hotel and the hotel will get back to you to provide the additional room rates and confirm your extended reservation.
- All special requests can be submitted on the final page of the hotel reservation by clicking “+ Another Request”. Special requests can include, but not be limited to, twin beds vs double bed, an extra bed or baby crib, a balcony or ocean view, an upgrade to a suite or additional night(s) stay beyond the conference contract period.
- In addition to submitting “+ Another Request” online, send an email with your special request to the Miragem Sales Coordinator at email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is childcare available at the hotel? The hotel does offer babysitting upon request. Please contact the hotel for more information at email@example.com or call +351 21 006 0600.
Who do I ask questions about Conference Registration? Nicole Schaefer at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 410-357-9932 (USA).
What is the deadline for Abstract Submission? June 15, 2022 (11:59pm EST)
How do I submit an abstract? The abstract submission portal is now closed. If you have a late entry that you would like the conference committee to consider, please contact Nicole Schaefer at email@example.com.
When will I be notified if my abstract has been accepted? All applicants will be notified by July 25, 2022 if their abstract has been accepted as an oral or poster presentation.
Will Travel Awards be granted?
Cure HHT will be granting Young Scholar Travel Awards for abstract oral presenters to attend the 14th HHT International Scientific Conference. Awardees are selected based upon their abstract score and award recipients will be announced by July 25th, 2022. Award recipients will receive $1,000.00 (US) upon arrival at the conference to apply toward their registration, travel, and hotel costs.
- Residents, Postdoctoral/Clinical Fellows, PhD Candidates or Early Stage Investigator (defined as investigators who are within 3 years of completing their terminal research degree or within 3 years of completing their medical residency/sub-specialty fellowship at the time of abstract submission) are eligible to apply for a Cure HHT Travel Award.
- Applicant must submit an abstract to the 14th HHT International Scientific Conference (deadline is June 15, 2022).
- Applicant must submit a Travel Award Application by June 30, 2022. Travel award application includes uploading a Mentor Letter of Support and your submitted abstract.
- The Award Recipients will be chosen by the Chairs of the 14th HHT International Scientific Conference and notified by July 25, 2022.
- Applicant must be registered for the conference by July 31, 2022.
Will Oral and Poster Presentation Awards be granted? Outstanding Oral Presentation and Poster Awards will be presented to Residents, Postdoctoral/Clinical Fellows, PhD Candidates or Early Stage Investigators for outstanding presentation of their abstracts. Awardees are selected onsite and award recipients will be announced during the last session on Sunday, October 2nd, 2022. Cure HHT will provide awardees with a certificate and monetary award of $250.00 (US).
A total of eight (8) awards will be given in the following categories:
- Best Clinical Oral Presentation
- Best Scientific Oral Presentation
- Best Clinical Poster Presentation
- Best Scientific Poster Presentation
Is this conference CME accredited? This conference is not CME accredited.
When will Conference Registration begin? Conference registration will be available online by July 12th, 2022; we do not accept checks or mail-in registration forms for this event.
When and Where is the Welcome Reception held? Wednesday, September 28th, 2022 from 7:00pm – 10:00pm at the Oasis Restaurant and Terrace
Where are the main education sessions held? Sala I/II also known as the plenary session room
When and Where is the research poster session held? Research posters will be set up from Thursday, September 29th through Saturday October 1st in Sala III. The Research Poster Sessions, along with a Wine and Cheese Reception, will be held on Thursday, September 29th, 2022 from 8:00pm-9:30pm and Friday, September 30th, 2022 from 12:30pm-2:00pm.
What are the Conference Registration fees?
|Early Bird Rates
|Rates after 8/31/22|
|Delegate*||$825.00 USD||$900.00 USD|
|Non- Delegate**||$550.00 USD||$625.00 USD|
|Trainees***||$375.00 USD||$450.00 USD|
|Patient / Patient Association||$550.00 USD||$625.00 USD|
|Virtual Only||$250.00 USD||$250.00 USD|
|Guest+ (attending Welcome Reception and Dinner)||$200.00 USD||$200.00 USD|
|Guest+ (Welcome Reception Only)||$50.00 USD||$50.00 USD|
|Guest+ (Dinner Only)||$150.00 USD||$150.00 USD|
* Physician / Researchers
**Non-physician healthcare providers (i.e., nurse, genetic counselor, technician, administrator, etc.).
***Trainees are defined as medical students, investigators who are within 3 years of completing their terminal research degree or within 3 years of completing their medical residency/sub-specialty fellowship
+Guest fee does not include access to the sessions, meals served during the conference (other than those indicated), or electronic copy of presentation materials
What is included in my Conference Registration?
- Access to all sessions
- Meals served throughout the conference – Welcome Reception (Wednesday evening), lunches and coffee breaks (Thursday – Sunday), Poster Session Wine & Cheese (Thursday and Friday evening), Dinner (Saturday evening)
- Electronic copy of presentation materials through conference mobile app
*Guest fee does not include complimentary membership, access to the sessions, meals served during the
conference (other than those indicated), or electronic copy of presentation materials)
Will there be any additional group activities? Due to the scheduling of the conference, no planned group activities will be offered this year. However, the hotel offers numerous miragem experiences. CLICK HERE to learn more about the activity options and costs.
Who do I call with questions about Sponsorship or Exhibitor Opportunities? Phyllis Loveland at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cure HHT at +1 410-357-9932 (USA).
Where will the Exhibitors be located during the conference? Exhibitors will be located in the gallery outside of the conference plenary sessions and research poster sessions.
What are the Exhibitor hours?
Thursday, September 29, 2022 7:45am – 5:15pm (Exhibitors can also be present during the Research Poster Session; see agenda)
Friday, September 30, 2022 7:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday, October 1, 2022 7:45am – 5:15pm
What is included in my Sponsorship / Exhibitor registration? Each sponsorship has unique benefits which can be viewed at https://science.hhtconference.org/sponsorship/.
Where do I ship my exhibit materials? COMING SOON
What are the key deadlines for the conference? VIEW key deadlines for the conference